Manchester United forward Joshua Zirkzee has said yes to moves to both Juventus and Napoli, with the Serie A giants battling for his signature this summer, according to reports. The 25-year-old Dutchman is among the players United are prepared to let go for the right offer after two underwhelming seasons at Old Trafford.
Zirkzee's poor goal return at Old Trafford
Since his £36.5million arrival from Bologna in the summer of 2024, Zirkzee has scored just five goals in the Premier League and nine in total across 75 appearances. While there have been flashes of brilliance, his time at United has ultimately been undermined by his poor goal return, according to the club.
The forward featured regularly in pre-season but was left out of the side in the final game against AC Milan by manager Michael Carrick last Saturday. United are said to have already given their approval to a move if terms can be agreed, as reported by Gazzetta dello Sport.
Juventus and Napoli compete for signature
Juventus have shown interest in signing Zirkzee throughout the summer but find themselves needing to trim their current squad before moving forward. Napoli have also emerged as an interested party, with Gazzetta dello Sport reporting Zirkzee is ready to join either club before the summer transfer window closes.
Gazzetta has previously claimed United would be prepared to let Zirkzee leave for a fee of around €35million to €40million. A more likely situation would be an initial loan with a fee and an option or obligation to buy at the end of the season.
Napoli's other Premier League targets
Napoli are also weighing up moves for two other Premier League forwards in Arsenal's Gabriel Jesus and Chelsea's Nicolas Jackson, according to reports. United are closing in on their third midfield signing with a deal for Brighton midfielder Carlos Baleba in the works.
A new left-back is also on United's list, while another centre forward could be sought should Zirkzee move on. Benjamin Sesko missed United's entire pre-season with a shin injury and it remains to be seen if he will be considered ready to lead the line for Michael Carrick's side when their season begins on Saturday against Hull City. Bryan Mbeumo impressed through the middle again during pre-season, with Matheus Cunha also capable of taking up that role.



