West London Rapist Convicted After Luring Woman to Hotel Under False Pretenses
The Metropolitan Police has issued a stark warning that a convicted rapist from West London, who brutally attacked a woman after luring her to a hotel with promises of employment, could have many more victims. Gurwinder Singh, a 37-year-old resident of Northolt, was found guilty of a series of horrific sexual offenses at Southwark Crown Court on February 18, 2026, following a disturbing case that has sent shockwaves through the community.
Deceptive Recruitment Tactics and Violent Assault
In June 2025, Singh targeted his victim by posing as a female manager and care assistant, exploiting her search for work. The woman, who was given contact details for someone purportedly able to help her find a job, began communicating via WhatsApp. Singh, under this false identity, claimed he could secure shifts as a care worker if she provided personal documents like a passport and insurance number.
On the evening of June 21, she was directed to an address in Paddington, where she was told to assist in caring for a sportsman with serious injuries. Upon arrival, Singh impersonated a carer, introduced himself, and pretended they would be working together. The pair then traveled to a nearby hotel, where Singh left the room, stating the patient would arrive shortly.
He soon reappeared, undressing and claiming he was the sportsman in need of a massage. When the victim refused, Singh became physically violent and raped her. She managed to escape and was helped into a taxi by two members of the public. Later that same evening, she received a threatening call from the same person who had arranged the job, warning that the incident had been recorded and would "go viral" if she reported it. Despite these intimidation tactics, the victim bravely filed a police report the next day.
Investigation Reveals Extensive Criminal Pattern
Investigators tracked Singh to the same hotel on August 11, where he was arrested. A search of his home uncovered nine electronic devices, whose data confirmed he was also the shift manager involved in the deceptive recruitment scheme. He was convicted of rape, attempted rape, assault by penetration, two counts of sexual assault, and one count of common assault.
The investigation uncovered that Singh had booked rooms at the same hotel on more than 100 occasions between December 2024 and August 2025. He had also engaged in conversations with numerous other women, pretending he could help them find employment, suggesting his offending may be far more widespread than currently known.
Police Appeal for More Victims to Come Forward
Detectives are now making a direct appeal for other victim-survivors to come forward, particularly women in the Indian community who live in the Hayes or Southall areas, as they believe Singh may have targeted a specific demographic. Officers are working to contact individuals who have had WhatsApp interactions with him but are also urging others to step forward following his conviction.
Detective Constable Lydia Webb, who led the investigation, emphasized the courage of the victim and the importance of reporting such crimes. "The victim in this case has shown incredible courage in coming forward and disclosing what happened to her – it is thanks to her bravery that Singh has been convicted and is unable to cause further harm," she said. "We believe that there may be other women who have been subject to Singh’s crimes and we want to provide reassurance that any reports will be fully investigated and dealt with sensitively and with compassion."
She added that all victims of sexual assault are granted anonymity for life and encouraged anyone with information to come forward to receive the support they deserve. Singh is scheduled to be sentenced at Southwark Crown Court on Wednesday, April 15. Anyone with information is urged to call 101, quoting reference 3916/16FEB26.