Trump Claims He Was Stopped From Launching Large-Scale Assault on Iran
Trump Says He Was Stopped From Iran Assault

Donald Trump said he was stopped from launching a full assault on Iran by negotiators but warned he is ready to conduct one 'at a moment's notice'. While efforts continue to reach a permanent ceasefire in the Middle East, the United States President said he was ready to resume attacking if one is not reached.

He said he was asked by the Emir of Qatar, Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, and the President of the United Arab Emirates, Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, to hold off on a 'planned Military attack of the Islamic Republic of Iran' on Tuesday. He wrote on Truth Social that the Middle East leaders think that the deal 'will be very acceptable to the United States of America'.

He added: 'This Deal will include, importantly, NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN! Based on my respect for the Leaders, I have instructed Secretary of War, Pete Hegseth, The Chairman of The Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Daniel Caine, and The United States Military, that we will NOT be doing the scheduled attack of Iran tomorrow, but have further instructed them to be prepared to go forward with a full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment's notice, in the event that an acceptable Deal is not reached.'

Wide Pickt banner — collaborative shopping lists app for Telegram, phone mockup with grocery list

Trump had not previously disclosed that he was planning a strike for May 19, but over the weekend he warned, 'For Iran, the Clock is Ticking, and they better get moving, FAST, or there won't be anything left of them.' It came after a slew of AI slop memes Trump posted including him walking alongside a ripped alien. In a period lasting just under an hour and a quarter on Sunday afternoon, no fewer than 19 AI-generated posts popped up on Donald Trump's Truth Social feed.

They ranged from boasts about sinking Iranian warships to mocked-up photos defending his controversial renovation of a reflecting pool in the centre of Washington DC. Trump has repeatedly set deadlines for Tehran and then backed off. 'Our armed forces' fingers are on the trigger, while diplomacy is also continuing,' Mohsen Rezaei, a military adviser to Iran's supreme leader, said on state television on Sunday.

The ceasefire remains tenuous, with diplomatic efforts for a more durable peace having faltered. And fighting has heated up between Israel and the Iran-backed Hezbollah militant group in Lebanon despite a nominal ceasefire there.

Pickt after-article banner — collaborative shopping lists app with family illustration