Andrew feels 'no longer part of royal family' after Balmoral snub
Andrew feels 'no longer part of royal family' after snub

Prince Andrew will not join King Charles and the royal family for their annual holiday at Balmoral, according to a friend, who says the disgraced royal feels he has been abandoned and would be treated as an outcast.

The friend told The Sun that Andrew was invited but has no desire to go. "Andrew feels he's been abandoned. He feels like he is no longer part of the family," the friend said. "He was invited but has got no great desire to be at Balmoral as he has nothing to gain and would be treated as an outcast. What's the point, he feels, of going all the way there for a much-needed holiday and being treated as an elephant in the room?"

Andrew's Move to Sandringham and Royal Status

Earlier this year, Andrew moved to a property on the Sandringham Estate, which King Charles personally owns. Royal sources said that Andrew remains a member of the royal family and "there is a duty of care owed to him." The move came after disclosures showed the extent of his closeness to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. Andrew has always denied any wrongdoing.

Wide Pickt banner — collaborative shopping lists app for Telegram, phone mockup with grocery list

Photographs released last year showed Andrew in compromising positions, including kneeling over a woman lying on the ground. Almost a year ago, he gave up his remaining titles following the publication of Virginia Giuffre's memoirs. Andrew also saw his coat of arms torn down from Windsor Castle amid allegations about his relationships with Epstein.

Repercussions and Funeral Plans

The unceremonious removal of a coat of arms is usually reserved for serious cases of high treason or taking up arms against the Crown. Public outcry against Andrew led to the serious repercussions, but earlier this month it was revealed that he will still have a royal ceremonial funeral even after having his titles stripped.

The disgraced ex-Prince is still on a secret government list of royals who will receive high-profile funerals. The arrangement is part of the government's so-called 'bridge' plans, which prepare for the deaths of Royal Family members long in advance, the Mail on Sunday reported.

Pickt after-article banner — collaborative shopping lists app with family illustration