Anthony Joshua is set to face Tyson Fury later this year after promoter Eddie Hearn confirmed that a deal to stage the biggest fight in British boxing history has been signed. The long-anticipated showdown is expected to take place in November and will be broadcast on Netflix.
Warm-Up Fight in Riyadh
Before the main event, Joshua will face Albanian heavyweight Kristian Prenga in Riyadh on 25 July as a warm-up. Prenga has an undefeated record with all 20 of his wins coming by knockout, but he has yet to face an opponent of Joshua's caliber.
Promoter's Announcement
“Signed, sealed, delivered! AJ v Fury is on!” Hearn said on Instagram. “The biggest piece of business we’ve ever done but more importantly the one we’ve always wanted. Biggest year of AJ’s career coming up, the comeback is on.”
This will be Joshua's first bout since he was involved in a car crash in Nigeria in December that killed two close friends. It also marks his first appearance since knocking out YouTube star Jake Paul earlier the same month.
Joshua's Journey
“It’s no secret I’ve taken some time to consolidate and rebuild to be ready for stepping back into the ring and this is the next step on that journey,” Joshua said.
Before Hearn's post, Saudi Arabia's boxing powerbroker Turki Alalshikh had suggested on social media that the fight had been agreed. “To my friends in Great Britain – it’s happening. It’s signed,” said Alalshikh.
Recent Setbacks
Joshua's last meaningful fight was against Daniel Dubois in 2024, where he was counted out in the fifth round. The 36-year-old underwent elbow surgery and also suffered a shoulder injury, which delayed his return until the Paul fight in Miami.
“I’m delighted to have agreed a multi-fight deal starting with July 25 in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia,” Joshua said. “I’m looking forward to competing and picking up where I left off. As I said, the landlord will collect his rent. That is certain.”



