Chelsea have increased their asking price for Pedro Neto to close to £100 million, according to the Daily Mail, after Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur expressed interest in the Portuguese winger. The Blues are willing to sell Neto before the summer transfer window closes, but only at their new valuation.
Neto, 26, has made over 100 appearances for Chelsea since his £54 million move from Wolverhampton Wanderers in 2024. Despite his significant transfer fee, his performances at Stamford Bridge have been underwhelming, although he did reach double figures in goals last season, albeit in 52 appearances.
Interest from Premier League rivals
Manchester City have been heavily linked with Neto, with new manager Enzo Maresca keen to reunite with a player he managed during his time in charge of Chelsea. Maresca, who suffered a 3-0 defeat to Arsenal in the Community Shield, used his post-match press conference to urge his club to strengthen the squad.
Arsenal are also believed to be interested in Neto, a player they previously targeted while he was at Wolves, after failing in their bid to sign Vinicius Junior from Real Madrid. Tottenham, meanwhile, have made an approach for Neto as they continue their spending spree under new boss Roberto De Zerbi.
Asking price increase
Chelsea originally valued Neto at around £70 million, but the hierarchy at Stamford Bridge now want close to £100 million to sanction his departure. The Blues have upped their price after Neto was strongly linked with a move to Saudi Pro League side Al Hilal, with reports even claiming he has already agreed personal terms over the move.
Chelsea bosses believe Neto is worth more than the original £70 million after seeing fellow wingers Yan Diomande join Real Madrid for £120 million and PSG quoting £145 million for Bradley Barcola.
Reaction and next steps
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta, speaking after the Community Shield, said his focus in the transfer market was now on defensive reinforcements. However, former Gunners striker Jeremie Aliadiere told Metro that he would welcome Neto’s arrival at the Emirates Stadium.
‘Pedro Neto could be a great option for Arsenal,’ Aliadiere said via Football Betting. ‘He’s played in the Premier League for many years, is established, knows the league, a very, very good player.’
After beating Man City in the Community Shield, Arsenal turn their attention to their Premier League opener against Coventry City on Friday night. If Neto stays at Chelsea, he will likely feature in Saturday’s Premier League opener away at west London rivals Fulham in Xabi Alonso’s first competitive game in charge.



