David Harbour Cancels Stranger Things Event After Bizarre Hat Incident
David Harbour pulls out of Stranger Things event

Stranger Things star David Harbour has unexpectedly pulled out of a major fan event, with his absence coming hot on the heels of a bizarre reported altercation at a California gastropub.

Event Absence and the Encinitas Incident

The actor, famous for playing Chief Jim Hopper, was scheduled to appear at Stranger Things: The Final Season Celebration at New York's Paley Center on the evening of December 19, 2025. However, his name was removed from the event listing. A spokesperson for the venue told People magazine the cancellation was due to a "scheduling conflict."

This development follows a report from TMZ alleging Harbour was involved in a strange incident at the Encinitas Ale House. The outlet claims a video shows the 50-year-old actor entering the pub and later leaving with a white cap, saying "C'mon, dude, f*****g get me." Another person is then heard saying, "What the f**k did I do to you, dude?" before the patron returns with the hat. TMZ states a physical fight is not believed to have occurred.

Wide Pickt banner — collaborative shopping lists app for Telegram, phone mockup with grocery list

Harbour has not publicly commented on the alleged hat incident. It was also reported that his co-star, Millie Bobby Brown, pulled out of the same Paley Center event while recovering from an injury.

A Year of Personal and Professional Headlines

The actor's year has been marked by significant personal scrutiny, largely stemming from his ex-wife Lily Allen's album, "West End Girl." Released after their 2024 divorce, the record's lyrics are widely interpreted as detailing the breakdown of their marriage, featuring allegations of infidelity with a woman named "Madeline."

American costume designer Natalie Tippett later identified herself as the woman referenced, denying claims of a three-year affair and stating she received hateful messages after the album's release. Harbour has not publicly addressed Allen's lyrical accusations.

On-Set Controversy and Resolution

Professionally, Harbour faced separate claims earlier this year regarding his conduct on the set of Stranger Things. The Mail on Sunday reported that co-star Millie Bobby Brown had filed "pages and pages of accusations" about his behaviour, triggering an internal investigation before filming for the final season.

A subsequent report in Variety confirmed an investigation into a bullying and harassment complaint against Harbour had taken place and was resolved. At the season five premiere, showrunner Ross Duffer told The Hollywood Reporter, "Nothing matters more than just having a set where everyone feels safe and happy." Neither Harbour nor Brown have spoken publicly about these claims.

Representatives for David Harbour were contacted for comment on the latest developments.

Pickt after-article banner — collaborative shopping lists app with family illustration