Ex-Wife of Asos Co-Founder Denies Any Role in His Fatal Thailand Balcony Fall
The former wife of Asos co-founder Quentin Griffiths has publicly stated she had 'nothing to do with his death' after the multi-millionaire fell from a high-rise balcony in Thailand earlier this month. Quentin Griffiths, 58, reportedly plunged from an 18-floor residential complex in Pattaya, located south of Bangkok, on February 9, 2026.
Ongoing Legal Disputes Preceded Tragic Incident
Before his untimely death, Quentin and his ex-wife, Ploy Kringsinthanakun, 43, were embroiled in contentious court proceedings. According to reports from The Sun, Ploy had accused the retail entrepreneur of stealing £500,000 worth of shares and land from her company. The fatal fall also followed a prolonged and bitter custody battle over their two children, adding a layer of complexity to the situation.
Ploy Kringsinthanakun has made it unequivocally clear that she was not involved in her ex-husband's death. In an emotional statement to The Sun, she said, 'I had absolutely nothing to do with his death. How could I kill him? How would I know anything about it? I live in Bangkok — I wasn't in Pattaya.'
Police Investigation and Post-Mortem Findings
Authorities in Thailand have provided initial details about the circumstances surrounding Quentin Griffiths' death. Police told the BBC that the British national was alone in his room, which was locked from the inside, with no evidence of a break-in at the time of the incident. A post-mortem examination of his body did not reveal any signs of foul play, suggesting the fall may have been accidental, though investigations are ongoing.
Strained Relationship and Recent Contact
Ploy revealed that it had been more than four years since she last had any contact with her ex-husband, after discovering he 'had another woman'. She claimed he prevented her from seeing their children for five years, highlighting the deep-seated tensions in their relationship. 'I only learned about his death when his lawyer called both me and my lawyer to arrange a negotiation regarding the case,' she explained.
Despite their past conflicts, Ploy expressed sadness over his passing. 'Of course I am sad about his death, he is the father of my children, so I am worried about them and what they are going through. I fought with him so much in the past, but I moved on and just wanted to be treated fairly,' she added.
Legacy of Asos Co-Founder
Quentin Griffiths co-founded the online fashion retailer Asos in 2000, initially as a website offering affordable clothing options. He remained a significant shareholder after departing the company five years later. In response to his death, Asos issued a statement saying, 'We're saddened to hear about the passing of Quentin, one of our original co-founders. He played an important role in Asos's earliest days, and we're forever grateful for his contribution. Our thoughts are with his family and friends.'
International Response and Support
A spokesperson for the UK's Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office confirmed they are supporting the family of the British national who died in Thailand and are in contact with local authorities to assist with the situation. This international dimension underscores the global attention the case has attracted, given Griffiths' high-profile status in the business world.
The tragic incident has cast a spotlight on the personal and legal struggles of the Asos co-founder, with his ex-wife's vehement denials seeking to distance herself from the tragedy as investigations continue to unfold in Thailand.